This book tells about every teenagers life. For sure a lot of people could relate in this novel especially when they remembered the first time they entered Highschool. You meet new people with different personalities. Everything in High school is part of growing up and we learn to make our own choices in the future. A story that involves family, love , and friendship.
Charlie is a wallflower.Freshman student. He's sensitive, emotional and weird. His Aunt's death had affected him, and he is struggling to get along with others. He's pretending to be someone he's not. He enjoyed being with his new found friends Sam and Patrick, siblings (step siblings) and Senior students. With curiousity and peer pressure, Charlie did a lot of things like smoking, drinking etc.. He tries to cope up with others so he could get along with them and trying to please them as possible.
It's kind of annoying when he cries a lot. I mean, there's no reason to cry for ( Oh well, he's just emotional and weird) and Craig cheating Sam, I just want to punch him. Another weird thing when he let Patrick kiss him. Just yikes.
I like Charlie in a way he learned lessons in life and tries to "participate" in other things.This book was simply amazing. The way Charlie tells his story through letters makes it all so real, and I got completely caught up in his stories about not wanting to begin high school, about making his first friends, and everything else that goes through his mind. I cried so many times, and after I had finished the last page I really just wanted to hug the book and never let it go. One of the most beautiful stories I've ever read, and one I'll be recommending to everyone I know!

Chelsea, I love how expresive you are about your thoughts and emotions on the Perks of Being a wallflower. I also really appreciate your simple phrasing and use of punctuation. Maybe next post you could delve into why Charlie cries so much, which is actually a really good question. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI really want to read this book! I like how you commented on the relatableness of the whole plot, and how every high schooler can go through the same thing. You did a good job of keeping your post straight-forward, and at the same time commenting on the beginning to the end of the book, and really explaining how he changed to learn his lesson. Can't wait to read it!!
ReplyDeleteMany creative, caring, and intelligent people know what it feels like to be an outsider, to be different, or to be outnumbered by people who don't see what you see.It happens to a lot of kids nowadays. Trying to fit in with all these popular kids. Many of them do this so they won't be bullied.
ReplyDelete